March 08, 2012

Love this Recipe!!!!

I started taking a real interest in cooking and baking about a year ago. I just started collecting successful recipes. A recipe classifies as successful in my house if it brings the praises of delicious and yummy from my family. I like recipes that are multi-functional. Meaning they can be used for more than one meal. This recipe is just that. Check it out!

Pizza/Focaccia / Calzone Dough - Basic Recipe

2 cups of all-purpose flour ( I usually substitute in one cup of whole wheat flour)

8-g pkg of quick rise yeast

1 tbsp of olive oil

¾ tsp of salt

Stir 2tsp of flour with a ½ cup of warm water and the yeast in a large bowl. I let it stand for about 5 minutes until it is bubbling before stirring in the remaining flour, ½ cup more of warm water, oil and salt. I stir this all up in my mixer using the dough paddle. I let this mix until the dough is smooth for about 2 to 3 minutes. I then either spray or rub some butter a boil and put the dough in. I cover it with a clean kitchen towel and then let it rise for about 1 hour. The dough will rise and it should get about twice in size.

Pizza – Brush olive oil along the bottom of your pan and then press your dough into the pan. Cover it with pizza sauce, pizza toppings and cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.

Focaccia – I find if you are looking to make focaccia bread, I let the dough knead in the mixer for a few more minutes. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan or dish with ¼ cup of olive oil and pat the dough into the dish until it fits and brush with olive oil. I sprinkle it with a little bit of coarse sea salt and then back at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.



Calzone – I divide the dough into four portions and one at a time role each out into a circle. I add pizza sauce , toppings and cheese on half of the circle before folding over the other half and pinching the pocket closed. I brush the tops with oil and bake for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. You can also make smaller pizza pockets with this recipe or even dessert pockets.

This is the type of recipe that I just love. This is a preference pizza over take out and my family likes the different options.

0 comments:

Post a Comment