March 10, 2012

To Shave or Not to Shave....Not for the Squeamish!!!

Unsure how to shave your pubic hair properly? Upon extensive research there are a number of websites that can give you a step-by-step guide to get a close, nick free shave. My question is - do I want to rely on ANY of these sites, most of which seem depthless and carelessly written to assist me in bringing a sharp piece of metal to my genital areas?

TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE

What is the obsession with finely trimmed or even fully shaved pubic areas anyways? Also known as "Pubic Topiary", it has become custom in many cultures. Not only has it increased in popularity but it is becoming a "norm" with the vast majority of Canadian women and even an increase in men regularly shaving their legs, armpits and bikini lines or genital areas. For me, it suddenly became an aesthic "need" to shave below the belt. I had an overwhelming desire to further attract my partner to that area and with being clean shaven, the sensitivity levels (in my opinion) become heightened. My dreams and hopes of having a smooth and beautifully soft pubic region distracted me from the real truth behind shaving your bits.

WHERE TO BEGIN

Google Search – How to shave your pubic hair. Difficulty Rating – Easy SAYS WHO? This is a delicate procedure, almost like surgery. Time Required – ½ hour. Maybe I am an amateur but this does not seem like a whole lot of time. How quickly am I to be moving this razor here ? Options – Natural/Bush, Triangle, Landing Strip, Freeform, Brazillian, Full Brazillian, Pyramid. I have options? Under what rock have I been living to not know there are options on how to style your "bush".

Screw the list of instructions. I decided to write a list of my own. Funny enough they are very parallel to the instructions you will find on any of those *coughs* depthless and careless websites.
Be prepared. Have a brand new, fairly good razor and shaving cream. Whatever you do...do not use soap!!
Trim, trim, trim. Those little razors aren’t meant to cut down a whole forest so trim the bush to a short patch.
Spend some time in a nice warm shower. Not only will the warm water soften the skin but it will also help to relax the hair follicle.
Do a little exfoliation. A LITTLE! There is no need to scrub yourself silly down there. It will only irritate your skin unnecessarily.
Apply shaving cream. I laughed when I read the instructions on the can and it said to not apply internally. DUH!! Please heed this warning. Remember this is a sensitive area we are dealing with.
With your fresh blade shave first in the direction of hair growth, then follow in the opposite direction. Try to resist in shaving over the same spot over and over again.
Rinse the blade often. A clogged blade will do nothing but cause nicks.
Rinse and cleanse the shaved area before patting dry. Avoid rubbing dry with a towel.
Moisturize. Try to avoid using heavily perfumed creams as this will do nothing but burn and sting causing a rash and discomfort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment