September 07, 2011

Fun and Frugal Bracelet

So in my last post, I talked about using stuff from around the house.  I am a crafter at heart and when we moved into this house, I was giving a small space in the basement to where I could collect, craft and create to my heart's content.  Any crafter knows that crafting often goes hand in hand with collecting.  I know I often have a hard time throwing something out if it has craft potential. Every few months I must go through and purge. 

The main item in this bracelet is something I have had tucked in my button box. Where did I get it?  I have no clue, but I kept it.  It has never fitted me around the neck and I suppose, like a few pairs of jeans I have still kicking around waiting for the divine intervention and weight to incredibly shrink off, I might have been hoping my neck would shrink too. None the less, I kept it.  I was able to create, what I think is a pretty nifty bracelet and I am very sure that any charms would do.  Same with any chain.  I had remaining charms from this project and I made my daughter a matching bracelet.

My supplies.  The charms I got off of ebay for $1.06. The chain and some o rings.

I measured my wrist and then with wire cutters I cut carefully to create two ropes of metal beads.

Before attaching the charms, I layed them out how I wanted them.

I opened the o-rings and hooked them onto the charm.


Then hooked and closed them around the bracelet.

Viola.  Fun...Flirty and Frugal.  This cost me $1.06 (for the charms) and took me approximately 10 minutes to make. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment